Alabaster boxes were used to store precious perfumes and ointments.
Some Bible scholars believe that the alabaster boxes were made from marble. Therefore, it might have been relatively difficult to break. I’m more interested in the content not the container.
Lessons of Life
1. Your life and your giftings are like a perfume that refresh humanity and God’s creation.
2. On the other hand, if your life is toxic, your life is like an odour and an irritant.
3. The value of your life cannot be appreciated unless you break that alabaster box and let the fragrance fill the ‘room’ of humanity.
The world has contracted to become a global sitting room. As I said before, the most powerful weapon today is a mobile phone with internet connectivity.
Every little fragrance you release can be perceived by nearly everybody in the room. Every odorous emission also fills the whole room.
4. Fragrance is essential for continuity of species in plants for pollination and fruiting, and pheromones in animals for mating and reproduction.
When you release the fragrance of your life, people are attracted to you. It’s a win-win situation. They are enriched and you get self actualization.
5. The fear of Africans sharing their fragrances and dying with them is one major reason for the backwardness of Africa.
We created too much mysticism about everything we did. We failed to share and explain our activities. We are afraid of people becoming better than us.
Even in Pentecostalism, we behave as if the anointing is a family secret.
6. One thing I have tried to do is to demystify academic brilliance or knowledge, wealth, and success.
I have removed the overpackaging from ministry and the anointing. We can be simple, friendly, and still be relevant globally.
7. Someone once asked me if it was the same SUV that Nigerian clergymen use to intimidate each other that I use to carry poultry manure, cucumber, watermelons and cassava?
Stop building fences.
Share your life with as many reasonable people as possible.
Remember, there are people you cannot help, avoid them like COVID-19.
I vow to leave everybody better than I meet them. I will leave every place better than I met it.
But don’t dare take me for granted; I can produce honey but I can also sting.
Wishing you a wonderful year ahead in Jesus’ name.
God bless you.